Time To Reflect
There are far better things to do than to read blog posts over the next several days. Consider:
- Thank your family for their patience and support of you for the past year. Without that, achievement is impossible.
- Thank your colleagues for their hard work and support. Let them know you genuinely appreciate them.
- Thank your customers–send them a note, not pitching something new, but thank them for doing business with you.
- Thank the prospects who have given you the opportunity to compete, but may have chosen to do nothing or selected a competitor. With every experience we grow and improve. Let those prospects know you appreciated the opportunity to compete.
- Think about what you have learned over the year.
- Think what you might change for the coming year.
- In the next few days read a book–a business book if you must, but read something else, something inspirational. Consider a good biography, history–expand your horizons. I’m re-reading and old classic: Excellence by John W. Gardner.
- Consider mentoring a new up and coming sales person or leader. Someone probably did it for you, pay it forward.
- Find a cause that you are passionate about. Contribute your time and money. Make that you “giving” project for the new year. If you do, you’ll get more than you could ever imagine.
You will be much “richer” for all of this.
Thank you for your followership, comments, and support! Sometimes, I think the blog is more for me than anyone else. I learn so much from the community.
Coaching is one of the highest impact activities a Sales Manager can undertake. Yet few managers really understand what coaching is or how to be effective in coaching. Ask for our Free Coaching Guide by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to provide your full name and company name. I’ll be glad to send you a copy.