How can we coach salespeople to sell more, more sustainably?
Isn’t that a primary role of a sales manager? And yet, how much time do we put into coaching?
And how effectively are we coaching?
I asked B2B sales leadership specialist David Brock to discuss sales coaching with me and help answer these sort of questions.
In this 17 minute video Dave addresses a number of sales coaching related questions:
– What’s the role of a sales manager and why coaching should be a critical part of that role?
– What can a sales manager do to maximise the performance of every individual on their team?
– How do managers find the time to coach? Managers have limited time and are under constant pressure
– How do sales managers develop the skill to coach effectively?
– What impact does the behaviour of the sales manager have on the behaviour of their team members?
– What coaching techniques should we deploy, and when?
– What is the comparative importance of directive, and non-directive coaching?